It's Not Called Toddler Weight...


If your baby's first birthday has come and gone, but the weight hasn't - you've come to the right place.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Liebster Award! And...Check out Meredith!

It's been an embarrassingly long time since posting but a friend of mine just gave me the nudge I needed to post here again.

Check out From Meredith to Mommy when you have a moment.  She's fun, fresh, honest and a good read.  She's also now one of the Circle of Moms Top 25 bloggers!  Woo hoo!

Meredith is up for a Liebster Award and has kindly pointed some new peeps in my direction.  As part of that award process, I'm answering 11 questions she's posed to me and a few other bloggers:


So, without further adieu, here are my responses to the questions from Meredith:

1. What would you do with a financial windfall?
If I came into a lot of money, I would certainly spend some, save some and then give some to close friends and family and then donate some to a few favorite charities on the local and national levels.

2. What TV show do you watch, but hate admitting that you watch?
Sadly, I love the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Orange County and New York City.  It's crap and I love it.  

3. Given a limit of five words, how would you describe yourself?

Loyal, honest, resourceful, loving and amusing.

4. If you had to leave this country, what country would you choose to live in?

Hmmm.  I would definitely have to say England.  I've always wanted to go abroad but would love to live in London.  

5. What is your dream home like?

With web sites like Pinterest and Houzz it changes every day.  Would I love a sprawling, huge mansion?  I used to.  So, I know it's cheesy and all but I'd say my current home is my dream home right now.  A center hall colonial with plenty of room, a fireplace, a guest room and a formal living room - which I call the "room that no one sits in."  It needs a lot of work and updates but it's perfect - neighborhood and all. 

6. If you could give up one household chore forever, which one would be GONE?

Cleaning the floors.

7. If you had to KEEP one household chore forever, which would you hang on to?

As annoying as it is, cleaning up after the kids.  They grow so fast that I know one day before I know it I'll be wishing I had toys to clean up and legos to step on :)

8. What habit do you hope your children (or future children) pick up from you?

I hope my children continue to love reading for fun and not only because they "have to" as they grow. 

9. What habit do you hope your children (or future children) NEVER pick up?

I hope they NEVER inherit my tendency to over exaggerate or be overly rude at times.  

10. What meal do you most enjoy PREPARING?

I like cooking dinner.  I make a really good chicken parmigiana   It's one of my husband's favorites and I really like making it. 

11. What are you most proud of in your life so far?

I'm very proud of many things in my life, but I think I have to go with the mother I've become for my two kids.  As any mom knows, kids can drive you crazy but I'm amazed at how much sacrifice and unconditional love you truly can have for your kids.  I always knew I wanted kids but I wasn't sure of the type of mom I'd be.  

So, there you have it!
Be sure to check out Meredith's blog and I'll be back soon with more updates :)
~Carly


No comments:

Post a Comment