It's Not Called Toddler Weight...


If your baby's first birthday has come and gone, but the weight hasn't - you've come to the right place.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Summer, summer, summer time! Updates and recipe!

Happy Monday! The weather is lovely here in Connecticut and it's officially Summer!

When it's warmer, I naturally tend to lighten up my diet - I started with some spring cleaning of all the things, including my diet and body.  I had been running about 3 times a week pretty consistently and re-started Kayla Istines BBG program.  For the life of me I just couldn't stick to it.  I'm continuing to eat THM style but have strayed and crossed over but am still consistent with my weight.

A few months ago now, I went to lunch with my cousin at a restaurant called Brio Tuscan Grille. I had a quinoa chicken dish that was delicious (Note: it was not entirely on my Trim Healthy Mama diet since I don't know the exact nutritional content).  Of course, in true Carly fashion I decided I needed to somehow re-create this deliciousness at home! 

So I opened the pantry and the fridge and used what I had and pretty much came up with something new. And today, made it again because it's SO delicious, simple and healthy!!

Recipe: Bowl of Goodness - THM E

Ingredients:
Spinach, arugula, or greens of choice (I highly recommend the arugula! I was out but plan to use next time)
Chopped veggies: cucumber, tomato, red onion, peppers - your choice! You could add a small amount of carrots since this is for an E setting 
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/4 garbanzo beans (chick peas)
Grilled chicken breast
Juice of one lemon
1 TBSP feta cheese (more if lower fat)
1 small drizzle of olive oil 
Salt & pepper to taste - may also add other spices if desired like garlic or onion powder

Directions:
1. Grill chicken and cook quinoa per the package directions and let cool.
2. Drain garbanzo beans and measure out portion for one salad (or use full can for two servings)
3. Wash and prepare greens and veggies.  Chop and set aside.
4. Mix greens, chopped veggies, beans, feta and chicken in large bowl.
5. Juice the lemon, add the olive oil and spices and whisk in separate bowl.
6. Pour liquid mixture over salad, combine and enjoy!



Add greens to a large mixing bowl

Chop and measure all the ingredietns

All mixed and ready to eat

YUM
I could eat this pretty much all day, any day! It's light, refreshing and filling.
It's also super easy to make and quick for me to take along with us to the pool we go to every day.
Salads are my main lunch most days.

Let me know if you decide to make this!
~Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment