As you know, I have been struggling to lose the baby weight. Guess what? I think I've finally found the answer. I plan to write a longer post about THM - aka Trim Healthy Mama by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison.
Today, I'm sharing my current favorite S dinner and/or lunch found from a member of the THM Facebook board a few weeks back that I've adapted to my own delicious concoction.
Oh, and I've lost about 5 pounds since December 12, 2013 eating this recipe and many more delicious foods - including chocolate! I promise another post on this very soon!
In the meantime...
Buffalo Chicken salads/wraps:
2-3 Boneless chicken breasts (I encourage you to make extra pieces. You'll thank me later!)
1/2 cup Almond flour (or more depending on your level of breading you prefer)
1 Egg (beaten)
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Wings Sauce (and keep the bottle out for more drizzle on top)
2 TBSP coconut oil for frying
Generous portions of salad greens - I suggest cucumbers, peppers, celery and tomatoes
2-3 Joseph's brand low carb tortilla - if you prefer the wrap version
1-2 TBSP of your favorite ranch or blue cheese dressing
Optional items are crumbled bacon or shredded cheese of choice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Take boneless chicken breasts and coat in egg then transfer to another bowl of the almond flour.
2. Heat coconut oil in pan and fry chicken on each side until golden brown. Approximately 3 minutes each side.
3. Remove from oil onto paper towel to get excess oil off.
4. In a baking dish coat (or drizzle) chicken with Frank's Red Hot Wings Sauce.
5. Uncovered, bake in oven for about 15 minutes or so to ensure fully cooked through.
Serve over huge bed of greens with veggies you like. As I mentioned I prefer to add tons of celery, cucumber, peppers and some tomato and drizzle more frank's red hot over the top of the salad and add blue cheese (or ranch) on top. I make extra chicken and turn this into a wrap (see image) for the next day on a Joseph's tortilla and put lettuce or greens inside with a little more dressing and hot sauce.
For more information visit Trim Healthy Mama's web site.