It's Not Called Toddler Weight...


If your baby's first birthday has come and gone, but the weight hasn't - you've come to the right place.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day & a word about BPA

Hello!  It's snowing here in Connecticut - after being close to 50 degrees yesterday.  I'm longing for the warmer weather!

I recently read a book that I borrowed from the library by my fave Jillian Michaels called Master Your Metabolism.  I highly recommend reading it!

It was a quick read and offered loads and loads of practical advice.  One of which is to rid your diet of chemicals, sugars and other toxins.  We've all heard about unsafe plastics and chemicals such as BPA and how we need to avoid these as much as possible.

Luckily, there are companies and products out there that have hopped on this bandwagon of being BPA free and they are becoming widely available.  I recently ordered from a company called Lock&Lock because I purchased an online promotion from Plum District.  I actually work for Plum District as a District Consultant.  If you haven't heard of Plum District - let me tell you. It.is.Awesome.

Okay - short schpeel :)  Plum District is an online daily deal site whose goal is to "Make Mom's Day" by offering great discounts on restaurants, beauty, clothing, accessories and products both locally and nationally.  Check them out and sign up for your area today.  Trust me, you won't be sorry you did - I promise!  I'm not just saying that because I work for them.  I'm not just an employee, but I'm also a customer :)

So, anyways - back to my Lock&Lock order that arrived today! Check it out!

Here's my order containing: one spatula, one pretty green water bottle and 17 pieces of food storage containers and lids from their Simple & Easy line.

I am seriously blown away at the look, quality and how pretty they actually are!  I love the orange color and it's got this pretty leaf design on the lids, too!

They're easy to clean, use and store.  And, the best part is, they are BPA free and offer a high level of food safety to keep food both fresh and safe.

I cannot wait to use them and get rid of my old containers!  I certainly can't wait to use my new, super pretty green water bottle with leaves on it.

Lock&Lock also has some really awesome home, bath and kitchen products too.  I plan to spend more time on their web site and order a few more things soon!  I really want this EcoMug! (Ahem, hubby if you're reading this) :)

So, here's a few things for you to consider adding to your to-do list:

1.  Get rid of all your BPA products.  If you're not sure use the "when in doubt, throw it out" motto I've come to know and love.  Then, check your local store for some new ones or just check out Lock&Lock.
2.  Next time you're at the library or are browsing on your iPad, nook or kindle - check out Jillian's book.
3.  Sign up for Plum District.

Have a great Leap Day!
~Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment