It's Not Called Toddler Weight...


If your baby's first birthday has come and gone, but the weight hasn't - you've come to the right place.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cinch Update & My New Obsession!

Hey there!

So, it's now going on my third week of Cinch!  I sprained my ankle so I haven't been able to get as much exercise in as I had hoped - but I'm still down in my weight and plan to weigh in again and measure in a few days.

I'm still feeling really great and am truly enjoying the program.  I have started incorporating more food and snacks into my diet instead of a shake or a bar and I have gotten my appetite, portions and hunger much more under control.

I think a lot of the credit goes to Cinch for that!  I saw a friend yesterday - one of my very best and dearest friends in the world - and even she noticed I've slimmed down a bit.

However, I might be undoing what Cinch has done due to my new obsession:

Image courtesy of ME!
A KitchenAid Stand Mixer!

I have been wanting one of these for quite some time. And this one was free.  Yes - you read that right.

Free.

How, you ask?  Thanks to my wonderful mother - this beauty was laying unused and unloved in the basement at my parents house.

How did I not know she had this?  Apparently she bought this when I was in high school.  I had no clue.  And, she had no clue I wanted one.
Equally silly on all parts.

So, her nearly $300 investment years ago is my amazingly awesome gain.  Now, onto my newest obsession - aside from the mixer - baking.  As you all know, I love Pinterest.  I've been pinning recipes for quite some time.  Sadly (until now), each time I read the recipe or directions for these lovely looking breads, muffins, cupcakes, pretzels and more - they all seemed to call for a mixer.  Since I had nothing but some mixing bowls and a whisk - it just wasn't going to cut it.  So, I pinned it, sighed and moved on.

All mixed & ready to assemble - so easy!
Today is a different story!  I literally just whipped up a recipe in my new mixer for homemade vanilla cupcakes.  I actually had all the ingredients in the house.  However, I do not have the makings for any sort of topping or frosting - so today, I will cheat and go get some pre-made frosting.  (shhhh - it'll be our secret!)

So, as I mentioned I had all the ingredients and made this recipe found on Allrecipes called Simple White Cake - you can see it here. It received some fantastic reviews.

I have to admit that I was a little nervous making something from scratch and using this mixer for the first time - but it went very nicely.  The mixer is easy to use and really is so much better than my measly whisk and mixing bowl.

Oh boy, how I love the smell of vanilla!  The house smells very yummy right now - and I'm not dying to dive into these cupcakes either!  I may actually even abstain from having one - that's how awesome this Cinch Plan is :)

Cupcakes cooling & waiting
to be frosted!
Another side note - in case you counted in the picture - I have 11 cupcakes now made, that are cooling and waiting to be frosted.

Why 11 and not 12 like my baking pan allows?  It never fails - whether it's prepared mixes or now apparently recipes from scratch - I always end up with not enough batter to fill that 12th spot!  Quite frustrating, but at least I'm consistent!

Now that this initial baking adventure is done - I cannot wait to try more recipes, flavors and combinations.  As I've learned on Pinterest - the possibilities are truly endless.  My next project is to try making some homemade frosting - minus the trans fats of the Duncan Hines I bought just now.

That way, my family can enjoy the occasional tasty new treat - but they will be healthier versions with organic ingredients and no unwanted chemicals or trans fats.

Behold - the final product: 




Not too shabby for my first go around.  I had all the ingredients - minus the frosting.  I now plan to make more and more goodies in the near future!  I'm now debating whether or not to sprinkle the tops with some of those ball-shaped sprinkles.  Hmmm - watch out, I'm unstoppable now!  Hah!

Also, you can follow my boards on Pinterest if you'd like!

Have a great night!
~Carly



No comments:

Post a Comment